I will clean everything and get the rim together whilst I work on the neck
Nice rim, all is well here.
Typical close drillings, on the prewar hoops
All cleaned, new head, ready to assemble
The more modern tailpiece has been rebuilt by someone so should be good to go, and it has new plating
I sealed all the binding so it still has the look of patina'ed binding
but its all tight, and Im adding side markers
Many Vegas did not have them in this era
Sealed with clear after blacking the pearwood
Tint chosen is Light Golden Brown, to match this year resonator color
I think this is close, Im happy with it
Domino is non complacent, he knows this is my normal choices :)
Now for a few coats of clear while I add new frets
Fingerboard is taped off, looks like black.
Peghead heavily infused with Silicones, I will remove this coat....make a barrier coat of Fisheye eliminator and try again
After overcoming the Fisheyes on peghead, the rest of the finish went well.
I just did one more coat of oil on the board, ready to assemble
New Schallers installed
Rim and dowel were left orig., no refinish
The "5 is misstamped, on rim and dowel.... but you can see where they penciled a 5 over it.
I have seen a messed up 5 once before.......
The long lines are where the serial number stamping block cooked the wood a bit
Ready to string up
Farquhar 1/2 2 footed Vox bridge
Tuned to pitch, all frets playing out well
Nut is adjusted, that's about it.